[QGIS-Developer] QGIS server deployment

Daniele ViganĂ² daniele at vigano.me
Mon Feb 25 05:43:36 PST 2019

Ciao Walter,

we use 5) Nginx + spawn-fcgi (a lighttpd project) in multiple Docker
containers [0]. As a thumb rule I use one process per Docker with number of
QGIS threads equal to the available CPU 'cores' and a number of Docker
containers also equal to the number of CPUs. It depends anyway much on the
workload (i.e. long running requests vs quick ones).

When not using containers I would go for 3) nginx + systemd.

Cheers,
Daniele

[0] https://github.com/gem/oq-qgis-server#qgis-3-server-via-docker

On Mon, Feb 25, 2019 at 11:15 AM Walter Lorenzetti <lorenzetti at gis3w.it>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm not a sysadmin but for our customers I'd like find the better way for
> deploy QGIS-server 3.
>
> I try at least 3 ways:
>
> 1) Apache2 + libapache2-mod-fcgid
>
> 2) Nginx + fcgiwrap
>
> 3) Nginx + QGIS-Server working by socket/service (systemd)
>
> By delveloper side, what do you think is the best?
>
> I'd like to much 3) solution, but I found some problems, in particular,
> how many sockects I've to create watching at my server? (Number of
> processors )
>
> For 1) and 2) have you experiences on performance and tuning?
>
> Thanks in advance and thanks for work!

> Walter Lorenzetti phD
> email: lorenzetti at gis3w.it
> skype: aiki74
> twitter:w_lorenzetti <https://twitter.com/w_lorenzetti>
> g+:aiki74 <https://plus.google.com/117055903318462447104/>
> Tel/Cell: (+39) 347-6597931
> Viale Verdi 24 - 51016 Montecatini Terme (PT)
> Nuovi corsi QGIS e GFOSS
> <http://gis3w.it/it/calendario-corsi-software-geografici>

*Daniele ViganĂ²*
http://daniele.vigano.me