[QGIS-Developer] WMTS/XYZ on high DPI screens

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 19:40:04 PST 2019

On Wed, 27 Feb 2019 at 02:24, Martin Dobias <wonder.sk at gmail.com> wrote:

> Other solution would be to introduce a new flag for WMTS/XYZ layers
> where users could set native DPI. By default this flag would be
> disabled, but for services like OSM one could explicitly set their DPI
> to 96 and get the tiles scaled accordingly. This would need an update
> of raster block request API as well where we would also need to
> specify output DPI in addition to output width/height (but that should
> not be a big deal).

So I'm guessing this setting would apply in print layouts too?
Regardless of the output resolution, it would be exported as though
it's at 96 dpi?

I have a vague feeling that Sourcepole's albiero fork implemented
something similar to this... some possibly related commits are

https://github.com/sourcepole/kadas-albireo/commit/09bb1c82f296f736ce8ecc07f03b03fc5861ddd3
https://github.com/sourcepole/kadas-albireo/commit/09a4cb0bac5fe8a6c2563f811171804044c60d65
https://github.com/sourcepole/kadas-albireo/commit/09bb1c82f296f736ce8ecc07f03b03fc5861ddd3

Nyall