[QGIS-Developer] WFS DescribeFeatureType Compliance question

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Wed Feb 27 01:59:12 PST 2019

On mercredi 27 février 2019 10:39:02 CET Andreas Neumann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are trying to connect Geomedia Desktop 2018 to our QGIS 3.6 WFS
> Server - but fail.
>
> Geomedia complains about the extra "alias" attributes in the
> DescribeFeatureType response:
>
> See also our temporary URL:
>
> http://linnode3.geo.zg.ch:8080/ows/Gewaessernetz?SERVICE=WFS&REQUEST=Describ
> eFeatureType
>

> Questions:
>
>  	* Is the "alias" element valid or invalid according to the WFS spec?

It is invalid. The schema returned by the above requst doesn't validate
against the XML schema of XML schema :-) from
https://www.w3.org/2009/XMLSchema/XMLSchema.xsd

>  	* If yes, could we move the alias attribute to our own qgs namespace?

Yes, using qgsextension:alias would validate XMLSchema.xsd as it has a
provision for extra attributes in another namespaces.
That doesn't mean that Geomedia would be ready for it though. Depends on how
it is coded...

Even

http://www.spatialys.com