[QGIS-Developer] Call for nominations for new QGIS community voting members

Jorge Gustavo Rocha jgr at di.uminho.pt
Thu Jan 10 06:09:18 PST 2019

Hi,

May I join the discussion?

The OSGeo does this same process [1] every year. I think we can take
advantage of the experience and use a similar procedure, which is
absolutely transparent.

Every year a CRO [2] is nominated to run the process as independent as
possible (from the board/PSC), the nominations are validated by the CRO
and published on the wiki, and afterwards, people allowed to vote can
review the motivations for each nominee and vote accordingly.

Regards,

Jorge Gustavo

[1] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Membership_Process
[2] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Chief_Returning_Officer