[QGIS-Developer] Proposal for QGIS Documentation

Alexandre Neto senhor.neto at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 08:02:43 PST 2019

Hi,

I am sorry for the late reply, I have just noticed this discussion.

I agree that we have a long time issue with Documentation. To me, it can
only be solved with someone working on it "full-time", Which seems to be
the case if Larissa starts working on it.

On the other hand, we have the review part, which is something that even
fewer people participate (me included), and it takes forever...

I am not very enthusiast of the automatic merging and closing of PRs.
People have different velocities, and I don't think it's good to close a
someones PR (that put some good work on it) just because no one with merge
rights was able to review it. It is very discouraging.

On the other hand, if the person has commit rights, then technically he can
merge it himself , when he feels the work is ready (assuming that, like
Matteo said it's not breaking anything), without the need for a bot. I
still think that a review would be is required... Just like it happens in
the Code side. Maybe Larissa can also review PRs?! That would speed thing
up.

Now, I believe that we should not have opened tickets forever with hundreds
of comments in it.

The geoserver team uses the following rule:

- At least one review is needed (beg it to a friend if needed)
- After addressing all the ISSUES found on the first review, the committer
can merge. He should not wait for a second review to see if the new changes
are ok, and then again and again...
- Any "good to have" observations/comments, should be moved to a new ticket
for future improvements.

My 5 cents,

Alex Neto

matteo <matteo.ghetta at gmail.com> escreveu no dia terça, 15/01/2019 às 12:06:

> Hi,
>
> I found this:
>
> https://doc.mergify.io/index.html
>
> seems pretty straightforward to use (I'll make some test on test
> repositories).
>
> Somebody has already experiences on this side?
>
> Cheers
>
> Matteo

Alexandre Neto
@AlexNetoGeo