[QGIS-Developer] Proposal for QGIS Documentation

Alexandre Neto senhor.neto at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 03:12:04 PST 2019

Since most seem to agree with the bot implementation, can we do it in a way
that:
- the PR owner (and other watchers) receive a message warning that the PR
is going to be closed with some time to act;
- Not automatically merging PRs, but warn the owner (and watchers) that the
owner (if with commit rights) can merge the PR because of not having active
reviews/comments for a while?

Can we also make possible to reactivate a PR once a new comment is done? I
am thinking about the new contributers that see their PR being closed and
have no way to Open it again. If they know no one, their work may be lost.

BTW, how much time of inactivity should trigger the bot? 2 weeks a warning,
3 weeks close?

Best regards,

Alex

Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it> escreveu no dia quarta, 16/01/2019
às 08:37:

> +1
> In case nobody objects, I'd suggest implementing this soon, during HF at
> latest, better before.
> All the best.
>
> On 16/01/19 08:44, Andreas Neumann wrote:
> > Hi Matteo,
> >
> > Your suggestion sounds good to me.
> >
> > Andreas
> >
> > Am 16.01.19 um 08:42 schrieb matteo:
> >> Hi Anita,

> because

> >> nope. What I'm suggesting is to automatic merge PR made by author having
> >> commit rights on the repo after a while and to close (or putting into
> >> stale) PR made by "external" people if there is not activity for a
> while.
> >>
> >> This could speed up the cue of PR and prevent eventual breaking of docs.
> >>
> >> Cheers
> >>
> >> Matteo

> Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu
> QGIS.ORG Chair: