[QGIS-Developer] How to get estimated raster statistic without calc them?

Luigi Pirelli luipir at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 10:02:05 PST 2019

not shure if it's the same... not sure if the requests are for band
statistics or background image prefetch of an extended canvas view
(introduce 1y ago if I well remember)

you can simply check if bandSatatisti is available or triggered doing it
with (ir R is the QgsRasterLayer)

renderer = R.renderer()
renderer.hasStatistics(1) # True or Flase; 1 is the band number
stat = bandStatistics(1) # this would trigger remote reading if false step
before

bandStatistic is a QgsRasterInterface (e.g. the provider), so any provider
can implement statistic calc in different way...

Luigi Pirelli

* GitHub: https://github.com/luipir
* Mastering QGIS 2nd Edition:
*