[QGIS-Developer] Dowloading zipped files

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 15:50:19 PST 2019

On Sat, 19 Jan 2019 at 19:50, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it> wrote:

> Hi Nyall,
>
> On 18/01/19 22:51, Nyall Dawson wrote:
> > On Sat, 19 Jan 2019 at 01:54, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it> wrote:
>
> >> unzip and load automatically the files after download?
> >
> > I'm not aware of any existing algorithms which do this - but it sounds
> > like a great idea!
>
> Glad you like the idea. Noted here not to forget:
> https://issues.qgis.org/issues/21032
>
> > I think we'd need to pair this with another algorithm which would
> > allow a list of files to be filtered by a file pattern, to find a
> > particular matching file. You'd need some way of getting the correct
> > output from the zip file (unless it was consistently named?)
>
> good idea too, would you like to open a ticket? Or maybe it's faster for
> you to implement it than to note it down ;)

Unfortunately not in this case -- I think to do this properly we need
a new processing output type for a list of files, and a method to set
the file input parameter to accept multiple files (possible with layer
parameters, but not generic files at the moment). So there's a few
prerequisite steps to do first.

Nyall