[QGIS-Developer] [Qgis-psc] QGIS 2.18 EOL approaching?

Tom Chadwin tom.chadwin at nnpa.org.uk
Mon Jan 21 02:08:30 PST 2019

Nyall Dawson wrote
> 2.18 is STILL the LTR until next month, and
> will be "maintained" in that it will be available for install for that
> month. But there's no point filing bugs against 2.18, because they'll
> never be fixed now. So in that regard it's "unmaintained", and it's
> better to file bugs against the future LTR (3.4).

OK, fine. I think "unsupported" is not the right term, and probably
shouldn't be used in this particular case. It's an occasion when more
explanation is probably required, in my opinion:

"Although 2.18 remains the LTR until [DATE], no further bugfixes are planned
for the QGIS2 branch. This is because the next LTR will be QGIS3.4. Bug
reports raised against QGIS2 will no longer be investigated, so please test
any problems you experience with QGIS3."

Something like that, anyway. I just don't like the possible implication that
we are knocking off a month early, by no longer "supporting" the LTR.

Thanks

Tom

-----
Buy Pie Spy: Adventures in British pastry 2010-11 on Amazon
--
Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/QGIS-Developer-f4099106.html