[QGIS-Developer] Why is .qgz the default format?

Jorge Gustavo Rocha jgr at di.uminho.pt
Mon Jan 21 14:39:52 PST 2019

Hi Richard,

Feel free to write something!

We need people able to take advantage of the *.qgz format. As Matthias
said, I like the *.qgz format "for the possibilities it will offer in
the future".

But we need to solve the problems reported by users quickly.

See you in 41 days,

Jorge

Às 20:09 de 21/01/19, Richard Duivenvoorde escreveu:
> On 1/21/19 5:27 PM, Jorge Gustavo Rocha wrote:
>
>> Edit once the ~/.vimrc and add the line:
>> au BufReadCmd *.qgz call zip#Browse(expand("<amatch>"))
>>
>> Afterwards, you just need to:
>> 1) vim project.qgz
>> and it open the project. Hit enter on top of the project.qgs file and
>> make your changes.
>
> Cool, Working !!!
>
>> sed (or for some kind of scripting)
>>
>> Sometimes I need to use sed to do several find/replace. Do do that, I
>> have a folder /mnt/qgis owned by my user.
>>
>> To change the project:
>> 1) fuse-zip edicaoavancada.qgz /mnt/qgis
>>
>> 2) Do command line editing...
>> sed -i "s|<layername>\([^<]\+\)</layername>|<layername>\1
>> 2017</layername>|g" /mnt/qgis/edicaoavancada.qgs
>>
>> 3) recreate the qgz file
>> fusermount -u /tmp/qgis
>
> Very techie, but nice :-)
>
> Jorge, you should wirte QGIS-nerd blogs someday :-).
> There is a free position on qgis.nl :-)
> Happy to sent you login ;-)
>
> Regards,
>
> Richard Duivenvoorde
>
> Ps if you do not write something I will (and quote you)!

J. Gustavo
--
Jorge Gustavo Rocha
Departamento de Informática