[QGIS-Developer] Issue managers on Github

Jorge Gustavo Rocha jgr at di.uminho.pt
Tue Jun 4 02:46:44 PDT 2019

Hi Régis, hi Saber,

You are right. There was no proposal to migrate/update roles in GitHub.
It is really necessary, I think.

The "triage" role is quite adequate to give to active users that are
willing to help bug triage. This role does not have write permission, so
I think it can be granted with a less formal approach. All issue actions
are traceable and can be reverted/fixed if necessary.

The PSC could add a small rule to make clear how this triage role should
be granted.

In my opinion, it could be granted automatically for contributors (with
commits) or on demand for non contributors asking for it and showing
prior active participation (documentation, local groups, ...).

Regards,

Jorge Gustavo

Às 08:38 de 04/06/19, Saber Razmjooei escreveu:
> Hi Régis,
>
> I can confirm. I can't even close my own (old) tickets.
>
> Cheers
> Saber
>
> On Tue, 4 Jun 2019 at 08:35, Régis Haubourg <regis.haubourg at gmail.com
> <mailto:regis.haubourg at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi all,
>     it seems that I and a few others lost our issue manager rights when
>     migrating from Redmine to Github.
>     So I can't help as much in bug triaging, adding tags, changing
>     assignees etc..
>     It seems the "triaging" role can be assigned at the organisation
>     level in github:
>     https://help.github.com/en/articles/repository-permission-levels-for-an-organization
>
>     Thanks for your help
>     Régis