[QGIS-Developer] How can I find the tickets that I reported?

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Wed Jun 5 03:16:20 PDT 2019

Hi,

On 2019-06-05 11:59, Jürgen E. Fischer wrote:

> Hi Andreas,
>
> On Wed, 05. Jun 2019 at 09:48:59 +0200, Andreas Neumann wrote:
>
>> Is there a way to manually re-assign the author of the migrated ticket
>> from qgib back to myself?
>
> No, I don't you can claim other people's (or bot's ;)) work either.

But hey - that stupid qgib bot claimed my work to be his work during the
migration! And now he can't give it back to me?

Not a big issue. I can live with it. As long as the core developers have
some benefit from the issue migration, then I'm fine.

>> Personally I just have to get used to the new issue system on github. Of
>> course, it takes some time to learn a new system. And no - not
>> everything is easy and self-explaining on github. I would say, because
>> it is a really open system, that it might even be harder to use than
>> Redmine for new users who never used github before (except for the
>> Mantra of course ;-) ).
>
> Once again:  the mantra was not necessary for redmine - shortly after getting
> osgeo ids was requiring the mantra, we enabled direct registration in redmine
> available (and openid was available too).

you are right of course. And the Mantra is still required for
plugin-authors. So nothing really improved by the move to Github
regarding the Mantra.

> And for the open nature of github: you cannot assign owners (see above) - and
> you cannot integrate an external ticket system.

Sorry - I wasn't very clear what I meant with "open nature" of GitHub: i
mean the "open" (unstructured) way of categorizing issues in Github.
Labels being the only way of structuring anything in the issues, whereas
we had versions, code areas, state, feature vs bug and more in Redmine.
If people don't use the label system consciously we quickly end up with
a big mess. That is my concern.

> But you can use tons of other services, that make you more dependent on github
> (like travis) ;)
>
>> And I hope that the open nature of GitHub doesn't lead to a big mess. For
>> developers, the github integration is definitely very nice though.
>>
>> But everything will be easier when we move from Github to Gitlab ;-)
>
> As if that ever would happen - but I was hoping the same for the redmine
> migration - so you never know ;)

Who knows ...

Andreas