[QGIS-Developer] Suggestion to integrate MCG image segmentation in QGIS

Luigi Pirelli luipir at gmail.com
Wed Jun 19 01:05:09 PDT 2019

Hi Sophie

Interesting and useful work, congratulation!
About computer vision integration libraries, IMHO a good solution is that
used by https://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/enmapboxplugin/ pluign that
integrate scikit in a flexible way. IMHO can be the architecture to
integrate opencv algs and more.

Not clear to me what would be the best strategy to attract developer to
integrate MCG in qgis... IMHO can be integrated as in EnMap plugin via
processing provider => QEP wouldn't the best option because I do not feel
the alg could be a core algorithm more than a useful tool added via a
processing provider plugin.

IMHO your work is really useful for a lot of companies I hope your email
can move their interest to contribute to QGIS.

Luigi Pirelli

* GitHub: https://github.com/luipir
* Book: Mastering QGIS3 - 3rd Edition
<https://www.packtpub.com/eu/application-development/mastering-geospatial-development-qgis-3x-third-edition>