[QGIS-Developer] Preferred way to set startup options on Windows and is qgis_global_settings.ini used or not

Larry Shaffer larrys at dakotacarto.com
Wed Jun 19 14:58:57 PDT 2019

Hi All,

Of note from the Boundless docs repo is this little script I wrote to dump
existing settings to an .ini file:
https://github.com/boundlessgeo/desktop-documentation/blob/master/docs/source/system_admins/qgis-settings-to-ini.py

Just load it into the Python Console's editor and run. It may need updated
a bit to be purely Python 3, for installs that don't have Python 2 around.

I think it should be added to QGIS src code repo, maybe under 'resources,'
and linked-to from QGIS docs. It is already GPLv2+ licensed.

Larry Shaffer
Dakota Cartography
Black Hills, South Dakota