[QGIS-Developer] Fwd: External python package dependency in plugins

matteo matteo.ghetta at gmail.com
Sat Jun 22 02:53:00 PDT 2019

forwarding to the dev list

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	Re: [QGIS-Developer] External python package dependency in plugins
Date: 	Fri, 21 Jun 2019 21:21:41 +0200
From: 	Olivier Dalang <olivier.dalang at gmail.com>
To: 	matteo <matteo.ghetta at gmail.com>

Hi,

Big +1 for this.

I think it should come with clear guidelines for devs though (esp. how
to correctly specify versions to avoid conflicting requirements with
unnecessary pins).

If we want to support this, what about using a requirements.txt file
rather than the metadata file?

It's more or less a standard which has some benefits such as automatic
vulnerability alerts or dependency graph on GitHub.

Cheers,

Olivier

On Fri, Jun 21, 2019, 09:34 matteo <matteo.ghetta at gmail.com