[QGIS-Developer] QGIS 4.0 - let's start some early discussions!

Nathan Woodrow madmanwoo at gmail.com
Tue Jun 25 03:27:57 PDT 2019

Personally, I'm a bit uncomfortable with any kind of API break if we can
avoid it which means we don't need to call it 4.0 as that marks a major API
break when bumping that version number?  Any reason we need to make it 4.0
and not just continue down the 3.x stream until we are forced to break APIS?

We should be able to migrate away from any API breaks in theory right? We
couldn't for 3.0 because of all the SIP and Python 3 stuff but that
shouldn't be the case in Qt 6 hopefully.

That is just my take.  We need to maintain a stable API for as long as
possible if we can which I know you know I'm just double voicing it.

- Nathan