[QGIS-Developer] [Qgis-community-team] QGIS documentation build is failing and is making me crazy. Heeellp!!!!

DelazJ delazj at gmail.com
Tue Jun 25 07:19:56 PDT 2019

Hi Alex,

Thanks for checking

Le mar. 25 juin 2019 à 16:02, Alexandre Neto <senhor.neto at gmail.com> a
écrit :

> Hi,
>
> I have tried locally, and I got no failures on the 51 tests.
>
> There error is:
>
> Document: docs/pyqgis_developer_cookbook/cheat_sheet
> Application path not initialized
> File "docs/pyqgis_developer_cookbook/cheat_sheet.rst", line 297, in default
> Failed example:
>     layers_names = []
>     for layer in QgsProject.instance().mapLayers().values():
>         layers_names.append(layer.name())
>     print("layers TOC = {}".format(layers_names))
> Expected:
>     layers TOC = ['layer name you like']
> Got:
>     layers TOC = ['Companies', 'layer name you like']
> File "docs/pyqgis_developer_cookbook/cheat_sheet.rst", line 327, in default
> Failed example:
>     layers_names = [layer.name() for layer in QgsProject.instance().mapLayers().values()]
>     print("layers TOC = {}".format(layers_names))
> Expected:
>     layers TOC = ['layer name you like']
> Got:
>     layers TOC = ['Companies', 'layer name you like']
>

> It seems that the 'Companies' layer is added to the TOC in
> https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Documentation/blob/6234bdcece8d5d94eb5acf7802dac13b289d65db/source/docs/pyqgis_developer_cookbook/expressions.rst#L151
>
> I bet the reason why sometimes it fails, and sometimes it doesn't is
> because doctest may not always follow the same order. Since we only want to
> test RST by RST, I think we should do some kind of sanitization at the end
> of each file.
>
> How do we do this sanitization?
In the commit you mention, which aimed to fix that issue (PR with
discussion at https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Documentation/pull/3869), I put
the codes in a .. testcode:: group, thinking that will bound the
'Companies' layer creation to that group only. Obviously a fail (though the
build succeeded locally and failed on travis the first time before
succeeding two times after close/reopen steps).
What's the purpose of group, then (
https://www.sphinx-doc.org/en/master/usage/extensions/doctest.html)?
The order of doctest may indeed be random since providing the suggested fix
also fails (https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Documentation/pull/3880) with
suggesting the current situation. :mad:

Harrissou