[QGIS-Developer] What to do about incorrect SAGA algorithms?

Pedro Venâncio pedrongvenancio at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 03:59:18 PST 2019

Hi Nyall,

I think this rises another problem, that is the use of a very old version
of SAGA (2.3.2) in QGIS.

I've just tested Difference algorithm with Lene dataset in native SAGA
2.3.2 and 7.2.0, and 2.3.2 gives the problem described, but 7.2.0 gives the
correct result:

https://cld.pt/dl/download/2dfb0db5-eb74-4396-ad18-7451fd1fe788/test_saga_232.jpg

https://cld.pt/dl/download/92182907-d37a-4441-891c-3c85064b3100/test_saga_720.jpg

So, we are faced again with the question of keep an old version of SAGA in
QGIS core, or make it as an external plugin, with someone keeping an eye in
the changes introduced by SAGA team between versions (as we saw in the
past).

Alexander Bruy had made an effort to keep a parallel SAGA plugin that
support newer SAGA versions: https://plugins.bruy.me/processing-saga.html
But it is not in the official repository. Maybe this is the time to discuss
again the use of SAGA as an external plugin?

Best regards,
Pedro Venâncio

Nyall Dawson <nyall.dawson at gmail.com> escreveu no dia segunda, 4/03/2019
à(s) 11:11: