[QGIS-Developer] Show Location in Google Earth - Mac / Linux Users Input Requested

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Mon Mar 11 13:41:51 PDT 2019

On 11/03/2019 21.03, C Hamilton wrote:
> Richard,
>
> Thanks for testing this. I was afraid there might be some OS
> dependencies with this. Do you have Google Earth installed on your
> Debian machine? Is there a proper way to send a KML to a Linux Google
> Earth from python?

No, GE is a pita to set up in Debian. Maybe on ubuntu? Others?

os.startfile seems indeed Windows only:
https://docs.python.org/3/library/os.html

To start an application on Linux, maybe start it as an command (given de
exe name?) with subprocess?

There was a GEarthView plugin in 2.18:
https://github.com/geodrinx/gearthview/
Not sure if that send info to GE though.

Richard