[QGIS-Developer] URL's of tracker and repository in the official QGIS plugin repository sometimes not up to date

Thomas Baumann rdbath.regiodata at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 08:00:29 PDT 2019

Hi there,

In the last weeks I wanted to have a look at the repositories or bug
trackers of some qgis plugins and realised that the url's in the official
qgis-repository were not up to date.

So I wrote a script to check all plugins.

I found 165 errors for the qgis 2.18-plugins:

https://gist.github.com/rdbath/ad908b165f6d1e23e923b49896f4ef5f

This leads me again to the topic how to deal with unmaintained plugins:
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Enhancement-Proposals/issues/138

What do you think what's the best way to keep the repository up to date?

regards,
Thomas