[QGIS-Developer] Problems when connecting to a PostGIS DB using "ssl mode require".

Schmid Andreas Andreas.Schmid at bd.so.ch
Thu Mar 21 08:47:55 PDT 2019

Did you find any solution for this? I can confirm it on Version 3.4.5 (Standalone Installer, on Windows).

Additionally, I observed the following behaviour:

* When I observe the connections on the DB, I see four connections from QGIS after opening my test project and navigating around in the project. When I stop any activity in QGIS, two of these connections are closed after 60 seconds, and after 60 more seconds, a third connection is closed. When I now start panning around again, new connections are opened, and on this occasion QGIS asks me for the DB credentials again. (It happens even after the first two connections have been closed and then opened again.)

* When QGIS asks for the credentials again and again, if I click on "Cancel", rendering seems to work nonetheless.

* If I disable multi-threaded rendering ("Render layers in parallel using many CPU cores"), this doesn't happen, i.e. I'm asked for the PostGIS credentials only once after opening the project. So I suspect multi-threaded rendering to cause the problem. Maybe it doesn't handle the connection pool correctly?

Just for completeness: It's about a PostGIS connection with no credentials saved, neither in the project nor in the authentication database, with SSL mode set to "prefer", and a DB accepting SSL connections only.

Best regards,
Andy

Andreas Schmid
Amt für Geoinformation