[QGIS-Developer] QField 1.0 is here

Marco Bernasocchi marco at opengis.ch
Thu Mar 28 10:54:38 PDT 2019

Hi all, sorry for cross posting but I think after almost 8 years from
the first QGIS android commit ("added first scripts" [0]) you will all
be happy to know about a commit [1] I did very recently.

It read: "and Matterhorn it is... both a beauty :)"

Yes, we did name QField 1.0 after the most iconic mountain as they are
both, indeed, a beauty!

You can get it while it’s hot on the Playstore [2] or on GitHub [3]

Here the beginning of the release blog post:

> We are incredibly pleased and proud of just having released such a
jewel and are convinced that, thanks to all its features and conscious
design choices, QField will make your field digitizing work much more
efficient and pleasant.
> Packed with loads of useful features like online and offline features
digitizing, geometry and attributes editing, attribute search, powerful
forms, theme switching, GPS support, camera integration and much more,
QField is the powerful > tool for those who need to edit on the go and
would like to avoid standing in the swamp with a laptop or paper charts.

The whole post with a lot of information about QField can be found at [4]

I'd like to thank the fantastic QGIS and QField community for all the
great translations, documentations, bug reports and general feedback
they gave us. Thanks to all this, we were able to fix plenty of bugs,
address performance issues and even add some super cool new features.

Ciao Marco

[0]
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Android/commit/664145015f31783a5687807a7b77049d4e6938c9
[1]