[QGIS-Developer] RES: show error message without exiting the plugin

Jorge Almerio jorgealmerio at yahoo.com.br
Fri May 3 07:29:11 PDT 2019

Hi,

I think in this case, as you do not want to close your gui, you should put the message bar in your gui, I suppose it's a dialog.

you have a code sample in Qgis cookbook <https://docs.qgis.org/testing/en/docs/pyqgis_developer_cookbook/communicating.html> , may it can help you:

class MyDialog(QDialog):

    def __init__(self):

        QDialog.__init__(self)

        self.bar = QgsMessageBar()

        self.bar.setSizePolicy( QSizePolicy.Minimum, QSizePolicy.Fixed )

        self.setLayout(QGridLayout())

        self.layout().setContentsMargins(0, 0, 0, 0)

        self.buttonbox = QDialogButtonBox(QDialogButtonBox.Ok)

        self.buttonbox.accepted.connect(self.run)

        self.layout().addWidget(self.buttonbox, 0, 0, 2, 1)

        self.layout().addWidget(self.bar, 0, 0, 1, 1)

    def run(self):

        self.bar.pushMessage("Hello", "World", level=Qgis.Info)