[QGIS-Developer] Can I backport bugfix with UI updates and fixing QGIS Server regression

René-Luc Dhont rldhont at gmail.com
Fri May 10 01:31:30 PDT 2019

Hi devs,

I am still waiting for a review about fixing 2 issues in printing for
QGIS and QGIS Server 3.4 LTR. https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/9692

This PR wil fix an issue https://issues.qgis.org/issues/19500 `Layout
export - raster divided into tiles, edges evident in pdf/svg`. This
issue has been identifed in version 3.2 and has been fixed in 3.6.
This PR will also fix a regression in QGIS Server `Printing selection in
PDF and SVG`. The selection is already printed in image output.

The next LTR will be released in 10 mounths. QGIS Server 3.6, which
already have the fix, is not available on Debian Stretch because it
requires Qt 5.9 and Debian Buster will be freezed in 8 mounths. So the
QGIS server regression will not be available since the end of 2019.

I will appreciate a decision about this fix. Do you think QGIS Server
users have to wait for the next LTR or Debian Buster release ?

Reagrds,
René-Luc