[QGIS-Developer] Fedora 28 QGIS install: nothing provides gdal-python-tools

Daniele ViganĂ² daniele at vigano.me
Mon May 20 08:26:37 PDT 2019

Hi Richard,

this issue has been caused by a change that I made recently to fix
Processing on Fedora 30. Unfortunately this change broke older version
since Fedora changed recently the name of a GDAL related package.

I just submitted a build for either stable and LTR with this fix and I will
open a PR asap. Please also note the Fedora 28 will reach EoL by end of May.

Cheers,
Daniele

On Mon, May 20, 2019 at 5:16 PM Richard Duivenvoorde <rdmailings at duif.net>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Trying to install QGIS here on a Fedora 28 machine:
>
> # dnf install qgis python3-qgis qgis-grass
> Last metadata expiration check: 0:00:00 ago on 2019-05-20T17:13:00 CEST.
> Error:
>   Problem: conflicting requests
>    - nothing provides gdal-python-tools needed by
> python3-qgis-3.4.8-1.fc28.x86_64
>
> Same worked some weeks ago?
> Is the Fedora package broken?
>
> Trying instructions from: