[QGIS-Developer] Switching style on a single layer based on scale

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Mon May 20 22:56:24 PDT 2019

Hi,

Is it somehow possible have more than one symbology style active on the
same layer and switching between the styles based on map scale?

The idea is to use the cluster renderer for smaller scales and then
switch to a different renderer on larger scales.

Is this somehow possible currently in QGIS?

I know that one can have several rules for maps scale combinations in
the rule based renderer but this can't be combined easily with the
cluster renderer. In such a case I would have to load the same layer
twice - right?

Thanks if you have any ideas on how to achieve a combination of the
cluster renderer with a different renderer on just one single layer.

If we want to achieve that I think we would require some logic to switch
styles depending on the map scale. However, I think this is not possible
currently without the help of Python and listening to scale change
events - right?

Thanks and greetings,

Andreas