[QGIS-Developer] qwt replacement

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Thu May 23 05:16:23 PDT 2019

Hi,

a new version of Safecast plugin (which is going to be released soon I
hope) is using QWT library to render simple graphs. After upgrading to
QGIS3 we are facing to various problems:

* On Ubuntu the packages is available since 18.10 (no LTS) [1]
* No relevant package in OSGeo4W (pyqwt depends on qt4)

I am thinking to add a new package based on PythonQwt [2] to OSGeo4W,
but I wonder if it make sense. Also note that PythonQwt is different
beast from python3-pyqt5.qwt package (which is Qwt6-based).

Any opinions? Thanks for tips in advance! Martin

[1] https://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=python3-pyqt5.qwt+&searchon=names
[2] https://pypi.org/project/PythonQwt/

--
Martin Landa