[QGIS-Developer] issues when building QGIS in Docker with Qt 5.10+, help from Docker experts

Denis Rouzaud denis.rouzaud at gmail.com
Sun May 26 21:47:33 PDT 2019

Hi all,

I am trying to update the base Docker image from Cosmic to Disco to get a
more recent SIP version.

Before Cosmic Docker was building fine on Travis with Trusty.
I updated the Docker image to Disco and hit a timeout when building sip
files for QGIS.
So, I tried to update the Travis dist to Xenial, and now I get this issue:
clang: error: no such file or directory: 'src/native/moc_qgsnative.cpp'

This seems to be a known issue in Qt 5.10+ which requires statx calls:

>From the Qt release notes (
https://code.qt.io/cgit/qt/qtbase.git/tree/dist/changes-5.10.0#n502):

Qt uses the statx(2) system call for obtaining file information on
   kernels 4.12 and later. Some older container systems install system call
   protection rules that do not include this system call. If you experience
   problems running Qt applications inside containers (such as the report of
   a file not existing when it does), ensure the statx(2) is allowed in the
   container configuration.

I found some information saying that this could be solved by using the
privileged mode when doing docker run.
But in our case, the QGIS build is made within the Docker build (and not
docker run).
>From the Docker docs, it seems that building has full capabilities.

I don't really know what to look for. If anyone has a hint, it is more than
welcome.

Cheers,
Denis