[QGIS-Developer] Increasing QGIS stability (clazy)

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Tue Nov 5 01:11:38 PST 2019

Hi,

As you all know, Qt is heavily used by QGIS. Qt has some non-standard
C++ concepts like signals and slots. These are very powerful but also
bear some risks when not used properly. And it's not always easy to see
what "properly" means.

Thanks to the folks at KDE, there is a tool named clazy
<https://github.com/KDE/clazy#clazy-v17>, that can detect many of these
risks at compile time. We have recently corrected a number of issues
reported by clazy, which will result in an increased stability of QGIS.

We have also integrated clazy on our CI infrastructure (travis) which
will help the stability of QGIS in the long run by disallowing risky
code to enter the QGIS codebase.

Best regards

This work has been sponsored by the OPENGIS.ch Sustainability Initiative
<https://www.opengis.ch/qgis-sustainability-initiative/>.

--
Matthias Kuhn
matthias at opengis.ch <mailto:matthias at opengis.ch>