[QGIS-Developer] Increasing QGIS stability (clazy)

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Tue Nov 5 03:20:43 PST 2019

On 11/5/19 11:40 AM, Alessandro Pasotti wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 5, 2019 at 10:55 AM Matthias Kuhn <matthias at opengis.ch
> <mailto:matthias at opengis.ch>> wrote:
>
>     Hi Paolo
>
>     The reference is available under the link in my first mail,
>     https://github.com/KDE/clazy/blob/master/README.md
>
>     In general, developers will notice if travis tells them that it
>     cannot be merged.
>

> Is that the same tool that is available in Qt creator in debug view
> under "Clang-Tidy and Clazy"?
>
> I wonder if it can be easily integrated in my normal development build
> workflow.

Clazy is a clang plugin. Some distributions have packages available for
it, otherwise it's available for build or as AppImage. You can specify
the AppImage as CXX Compiler or change the compiler flags according to
the readme to run your system clang with clazy.

I haven't checked the QtCreator integration, I assume it will use the
usual QtCreator warning highlight system.

You can manually fine tune the checks as documented in the Clazy README
or specify the `-DADD_CLAZY_CHECKS=ON` cmake flag to enable those checks
that are enforced on travis.

Hope this helps

Matthias