[QGIS-Developer] Automatically install and update plugins

Alessandro Pasotti apasotti at gmail.com
Wed Nov 6 02:50:19 PST 2019

On Wed, Nov 6, 2019 at 11:38 AM <Bauer.Josef at swm.de> wrote:

> Dear QGIS Developer,
>

> we have written some plugins that we would like to be installed and
> updated automatically (without any user interaction). We have also setup an
> internal plugins server. We can install the plugins from our plugin server
> manually, but is there also the possibility to install and update them
> without any user interactions (we have pre-configured the plugins in the
> QGIS3.ini)?

basically, you need to create a custom startup py file and deploy it (it
can also live on a network share), the startup script will contain the
instructions (using the QGIS python API)
to upgrade the plugins you need automatically.

See the links for some more information:

https://docs.qgis.org/testing/en/docs/pyqgis_developer_cookbook/intro.html#the-startup-py-file
https://docs.qgis.org/testing/en/docs/user_manual/introduction/qgis_configuration.html#deploying-qgis-within-an-organization

Hope this helps.

--