[QGIS-Developer] Automatically install and update plugins

Alessandro Pasotti apasotti at gmail.com
Wed Nov 6 04:37:48 PST 2019

On Wed, Nov 6, 2019 at 1:27 PM <Bauer.Josef at swm.de> wrote:

> Hi Alessandro,
>

> thank you very much, that was exactly what we were looking for!
>

> Maybe it would be nice to put the QgsPluginInstaller also into the
> official API documentation (or in the “Deploying QGIS within an
> organization” documentation)? I could imagine that others also try to
> establish an “autoinstall/autoupdate” scenario.

I'm not sure we can add that information to the API docs, because that code
is not part of the stable API but it's something to consider for sure.

Btw, I've just found buried in the internet a work I've done a few years
ago when I was working for Boundless:

https://boundless-desktop.readthedocs.io/en/latest/system_admins/init_scripts.html#scripts-examples

It may be helpful for your use case (I think it's for QGIS 2.x but it
should be easily portable to QGI 3).

--
Alessandro Pasotti
w3:   www.itopen.it