[QGIS-Developer] Direct push forbidden to master

Denis Rouzaud denis.rouzaud at gmail.com
Thu Nov 7 23:56:35 PST 2019

Dear all,

We have had the direct push forbidden to master for a bit of time and it
proved to be useful.
It apparently had been disabled and a direct push was made which broke
master.

I believe it's useless to list the advantages of enforcing the use of pull
requests, and I would probably fail to be exhaustive.
But I would like that we take a decision (taken by the dev community) and
stick to it.

I understand it is frustrating, but I currently don't see any valid reasons
not to respect this:
* releases are made from the release branches (so the recent event on
master doesn't seem to apply)
* if we have issues with Windows build, let's investigate if we can have a
CI linked to Github for this matter
* if we think the queue is too long, let's talk about subscribing to a
paying account on Travis (I am not trolling)

What is the path to take a decision on this i.e. enforcing to go through PR
on master?

Cheers,
Denis