[QGIS-Developer] etc/ini/python-core.bat

VOLPES-EXT, Jacky Jacky.VOLPES-EXT at canal-de-provence.com
Wed Nov 13 06:04:58 PST 2019

Hi everyone !

I am on Windows, and I guess that the file etc/ini/python-core.bat in the installation directory has an invalid content :

SET PYTHONHOME=%OSGEO4W_ROOT%\apps\Python27
PATH %OSGEO4W_ROOT%\apps\Python27\Scripts;%PATH%

Since QGIS 3 I have to hand-modify it from Python27 to Python37 on both lines, in order to have my Eclipse environment working after the running the following batch file : bin\o4w_env.bat

Obviously, the same for using OSGeo4W Shell which is not correctly configured for python3 unless modifying the above file, as it calls bin\o4w_env.bat for initialization.

What are your thoughts about this ?
Thanks,
BR

PS : can someone check on other OS ?

Jacky Volpes
HR Team pour la Société du Canal de Provence | 2SI - QGIS
Le Tholonet, CS70064
jacky.volpes-ext at canal-de-provence.com<mailto:jacky.volpes-ext at canal-de-provence.com>