[QGIS-Developer] Popular plugins

C Hamilton adenaculture at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 06:36:23 PST 2019

It appears to me that popularity should be what is currently popular. If
you are only keeping track of the total downloads and not when they are
downloaded, then I am not sure that category has that much meaning. Adding
in the ratings probably adds a little, but as I have looked at some of the
star rankings of some plugins, tested their usefulness, how well they
perform, and how may downloads they have vs stars, I wonder whether some of
the rankings have been artificially inflated. The net result is that I
don't believe some of them. I'm not sure there is a good solution to the
popularity question. My suggestion is to make it dependent on only the past
year's downloads and not the total if you have those stats and then somehow
add in the star rankings from the past year as well.

>>> http://planet.qgis.org/planet/user/28/tag/qgis%20board/