[QGIS-Developer] Popular plugins

Mathieu Pellerin nirvn.asia at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 06:47:52 PST 2019

Question regarding download count: if I merely upgrade a plugin, does the
download to upgrade the plugin counts as an overall download?

We could have a refined popularity count if we'd find a way to come up with
an active users count (which shouldn't be that difficult to implement, info
could be passed on as a GET parameter when users routinely fetch an updated
reposity XML.

Beyond that, it could be interesting to come up with a new "Trending"
plugin, which would rely on a fixed time range (say latest tree months)
metrics. That'd help making new plugins create more momentum.