[QGIS-Developer] Geometry generator expression for line segment length

Anita Graser anitagraser at gmx.at
Thu Nov 14 11:34:01 PST 2019

Hi,

I recently noticed that the expression I used in
https://anitagraser.com/2016/10/09/movement-data-in-gis-2-visualization/
does not work in current QGIS versions anymore. Specifically, I computed
the metric length of a line segment by transforming from WGS84 'EPSG:4326'
to 'EPSG:54027':

length(
      transform(
        geometry_n($geometry, at geometry_part_num),
        'EPSG:4326','EPSG:54027'
        )
    )

While debugging, I found that the transformation is not applied anymore.
(Some other EPSG codes do work though.) However, I couldn't figure out how
to get this transformation to work again.

Thanks!

Anita