[QGIS-Developer] [Qgis-user] Handling a large number of raster layers with Qgis architectural limitations

Alexandre Neto senhor.neto at gmail.com
Mon Nov 18 01:50:08 PST 2019

Hi Patrick,

Sorry for asking, did you create pyramids (overlays) for your raster
"tiles"?

See more information about pyramids on QGIS official documentation:

https://docs.qgis.org/3.4/en/docs/user_manual/working_with_raster/raster_properties.html#pyramids-properties

To create pyramids on many files, it's probably better to use GDAL directly
to process all files in a folder:

https://gdal.org/programs/gdaladdo.html

My feeling is that the WMS service is doing that for you, and that's the
reason why it works well with a service.

Alexandre Neto
QGIS Support
www.qcooperative.net

A segunda, 18/11/2019, 09:11, Patrick Dunford <enzedrailmaps at gmail.com>