[QGIS-Developer] 3.10 packages for Debian testing/unstable are temporarily uninstallable

Bas Couwenberg sebastic at xs4all.nl
Tue Nov 19 05:06:33 PST 2019

On 2019-11-19 13:56, Lior Kaplan wrote:
> When do we expect to have a rebuild of the Debian testing/unstable
> builds?

Should be fixed with the next release schedule for coming Friday.

This is a known issue with dependencies from testing/unstable as clearly
noted on the download page:

"
  The release packages are only produced once shortly after a new version
has
  been released. As unstable, not yet released debian versions (testing)
and
  ubuntugis-unstable can have library changes the packages might sooner
or
  later be broken for these targets, when the development in debian,
ubuntu or
  ubuntugis-unstable moves on and their packages used as dependencies in
qgis
  change. In that event you can either

   * move to a stable debian version and use the released packages for
it,
   * wait for the next point release (due 2019-11-22 12:00:00 UTC), which
happens every month and will include the updated dependencies,
   * switch to a nightly repository (available for the two release
branches and master) whose packages are rebuild on regular basis and
will also pickup the updated dependencies automatically or
   * build your own set of packages (see INSTALL).
"

https://qgis.org/en/site/forusers/alldownloads.html#debian-ubuntu

> The current packages at don't have this fix:
> https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/commit/f67369cc2639f513c77ef3e3c606f96294d9fa47

Note the followup:

https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/commit/8fedf7c72a3c1001783923f5c85e3c47fe72a011

Kind Regards,