[QGIS-Developer] Auth-config and single sign-on with Windows login

Denis Rouzaud denis.rouzaud at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 21:29:57 PST 2019

Hi,

I believe the situation is different for PG and WMS authentication.

For PG, if you have LDAP connection or so, you basically don't need to have
any credentials in QGIS. You will always connect through the same "user".
See https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/LDAP_Authentication_against_AD

For WMS, I don't see this possible if I understand correctly how works the
auth, otherwise that would mean, as Alessandro pointed, that your
user/password would leak.
The safe way would be that the authentication on the WMS server actually
checks the AD. I have no idea if that's possible and it's totally
independent from QGIS.

Don't hesitate to correct me if I missed something.

Denis