[QGIS-Developer] Auth-config and single sign-on with Windows login

Bo Victor Thomsen bo.victor.thomsen at gmail.com
Thu Nov 21 03:10:17 PST 2019

You're right Jürgen; the problem using integrated security in a mixed
environment is not impossible, just some more work.

However, trying to convince the segment of my customers - who pray to
the "one-and-only Windows" god or whatever - to

  * switch to Postgres from MS-SQLServer or Oracle (very hard but possible)
  * and switch to Linux from MS-Windows on the server
    (Iiiiiimmmmmpossible !!)

overwhelms my limited "salesman" skills. I leave this option to people
who is adept in selling sand in Sahara.

Getting them to switch to Postgres is a big "win" from my point of view.
And, by the way, Postgres is not "awful" on Windows any more. Just
ordinary "Windows bad" compared to the Linux version :-).

--
Med venlig hilsen / Kind regards

Bo Victor Thomsen