[QGIS-Developer] LTR management [was Re: Delaying 3.10.1?]

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Sat Nov 23 03:23:12 PST 2019

Hi Tim,

Il 23/11/19 11:22, Tim Sutton ha scritto:

> For windows at least we could ‘freeze’ 3.4.x by pointing them to use the
> standalone installers but then we have an LTR that is not getting bug
> fixes. As I read Jürgen’s roadmap [1] we still have 4 more bug fix
> releases of 3.4 before 3.10 becomes LTR, which is quite a long time to
> have our ’stable’ version out there with no bug fixes.

yes, that's what I meant. It's a kind of bad hack, so as Bas also
pointed out the proper solution is just to go ahead and fix the bugs.
I feel bad about people wasting their time to fix this compatibility bug
that will be useful just for a relatively short period, however.
Cheers.
--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu
QGIS.ORG Chair: