[QGIS-Developer] LTR management [was Re: Delaying 3.10.1?]

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Sun Nov 24 01:44:49 PST 2019

Hi Nyall, all

Il 2019-11-24 05:13 Nyall Dawson ha scritto:
> Regarding 3.4: One option we should explore is just freezing the
> Windows releases at 3.4.13, and leaving 3.4.13 as the final supported
> 3.4 release for Windows. (For reference, 3.4.16 is the planned final
> 3.4.x release, so we'd "lose" 3 months of supported new releases). I'd
> personally be +1 to this, given that the existing infrastructure
> cannot be easily modified to allow a proj4 based build, and adding
> this support is far from trivial. While it's not ideal, I think
> finalizing the Windows releases at 3.4.13 is much less risk and better
> for our users then risking projection handling issues. (For full
> disclosure of information I've included a list of fixes as [1] which
> are included in 3.4.14 at the time of writing which would NOT be
> available for Windows users as a result)

This is what I suggested, that's why I asked whether there are very
important bugfixes until now. An alternative would be to keep on
releasing new versions, issuing a big warning about the risks and
complications involved, so as to leave the responsibility in the hands
of users.
Cheers.
--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu