[QGIS-Developer] Python Implementation of QgsNetworkContentFetcher

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Mon Nov 25 15:06:13 PST 2019

On Tue, 26 Nov 2019 at 07:52, C Hamilton <adenaculture at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there a python implementation of QgsNetworkContentFetcher? I need authcfg to be a part of it and it looks like that was added in QGIS 3.10. In one of my plugins I would like to use it, but I need to support earlier versions of QGIS 3.

There's not. But there's the ex-boundless "networkaccessmanager"
implementation that supports authcfg, which you can find at
https://github.com/north-road/qgis-redistricting-plugin/blob/master/redistrict/linz/networkaccessmanager.py
(and other projects -- as far as I'm aware there's no real upstream
for this... Alessandro?).

Note that for QGIS 3.10 you could also use QgsBlockingNetworkRequest
if you're looking for a thread safe, blocking network connection. This
one is designed to be a nearly-drop-in replacement for the python
requests library, but which handles authcfg, QGIS proxies, SSL
exception lists, etc...

Nyall