[QGIS-Developer] Pointcloud install for Travis ?

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Thu Nov 28 05:23:07 PST 2019

On Thu, Nov 28, 2019 at 01:54:58PM +0100, Sandro Santilli wrote:
> I'm working on fixing PostgreSQL table retrival in presence
> of "pointcloud" extension, but I've the impression there's
> no "pointcloud" extension installed in the Travis build
> environment, if this is confirmed, where do I start to
> add that support ?

I figured this out, Travis is using, for the PostgreSQL server,
the one built as Docker image from tests/testdata/Dockerfile-postgis
which is based on kartoza/postgis:11.0-2.5 from docker hub
(sourced at https://github.com/kartoza/docker-postgis)

The docker image from kartoza does not include pointcloud.

A docker image with pointcloud would be oslandia/pggis which
is sourced in Vincent's github space:
https://github.com/vpicavet/docker-pggis
That one is more generally aimed at being a "gis" oriented
database, but was not touched for 4 years, so not sure it is
a good candidate.

Vincent (in Cc): are you still interested in maintaining
that project ? I see a pr from you is pending since June,
and is adding PostgreSQL 11 and PostGIS 2.5, as the ones
QGIS currently uses from the kartoza image...

I've given Vincent's image a try as part of my PR
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/33118

--strk;