[QGIS-Developer] masks tooltip in Layer Properties

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Thu Nov 28 06:02:00 PST 2019

Hi Richard,

I can answer your first question:

It is about selective masking of symbol levels behind labels and point
symbols, in order to create nicer map labels and symbols. You can mask
darker symbol levels behind a label or symbol, but retain lighther
symbol levels (like a lake, forest, etc.) without getting these ugly
white halos behind the labels.

See also https://oslandia.com/en/offre-qgis/selective-masking/

and https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/30747

There seems to be a bug with the tooltips - yes.

Greetings,

Andreas