[QGIS-Developer] Integration of Zoo and QGIS

Gérald Fenoy gerald.fenoy at geolabs.fr
Tue Oct 1 05:32:49 PDT 2019

Dear Tim and Dear QGIS devs,
I am sorry that the information came out so early cause I had hectic weeks planned after this year's FOSS4G with no time to answer this email which is very important to me.

Anyway, I would like to announce my interest in pushing this idea of integrating the ZOO-Project ahead and, would like to participate in a call for discussing this further.

I noticed that you listed all the available options that we have discussed during the FOSS4G event and, clearly shown the advantages of using the ZOO-Project by the addition of multiple available services. Still, I would like to add that the ZOO-Project is also able now to run remotely OrfeoToolBox applications on HPC. Hence, we can also imagine that this support (or any future support for remote execution like this one) can also be available from QGIS itself after the integration work has been done. In addition to existing services, we can also mention that developers will be able to implement their new services or integrate their existing algorithms in every supported programming languages.

On the other hand, in case we have the 3 points implemented, I would like to insist on the fact that it would mean that any time you implement a service to be run from within your local QGIS it will then be available with no modification on your QGIS Server too. In my opinion, this is the key point of the integration idea.

I was aware of the QGIS Server WPS implementation and, I would be very happy to collaborate with 3LIZ and, other people working on it when handling this work.

I hope to hear back from you and, we can have the call setup despite my latency in answering this email.

Best regards,

Gérald Fenoy
gerald.fenoy at geolabs.fr

GEOLABS