[QGIS-Developer] Problem installing plugins from own repository

Borys Jurgiel lists at borysjurgiel.pl
Tue Oct 1 13:35:49 PDT 2019

Hi Raymond,
Sorry for my late reply.

> I set up my own plugin repo and meet exactly the problem as described here:
>
> https://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/325790/error-downloading-a-plugin

QGIS says that after unpacking zip file named e.g. "myMagicPlugin.zip" or
"myMagicPlugin.an-optional-suffix.zip" it can't find Python package named
exactly like the zip file base name (myMagicPlugin).

> Additional info: After restarting QGIS, the plugin is available *but
> inactive*. So I need to check it in the plugin manager and then it just
> works.

Again it looks like a name mismatch. You know it's your plugin, but QGIS
didn't recognize it thus didn't activated.

Cheers,
Borys