[QGIS-Developer] [Qgis-community-team] QGIS documentation analitics?

João Gaspar joao.f.r.gaspar at gmail.com
Fri Oct 18 05:29:12 PDT 2019

Hi Richard and Alexandre,

if we do not have this kind of SEO such as Google Search Console, this can
be a good thing with Google Analytics. Google Search Console is a good
thing to have because is possible to improve research on browsers and rank
pages to first pages when we search for words that are related to qgis or
documentation itself. Will help us because this kind of SEO gives hints ad
tips to optimize de websites.

Another aspect, if we have Google Analytics in the documentation, this will
allow to have reports about geographic IP based distribution of users, type
of access, OS, type of device and what pages and click do the users in the
sites. This will allow us to see and give us feedback which pages are not
visited, pages that have a lot of access and create strategies to improve
pages and so on.

Google Search and Google Analytics don't have cost and we can integrate. We
don't need to create a google account for this they accept foreign emails.

Please let me know if you have any questions that I can try to help, I
recently needed to see this "kind of tricks" to improve a web platform that
I helped to develop.

Regards,
João

Richard Duivenvoorde <rdmailings at duif.net> escreveu no dia sexta,