[QGIS-Developer] Method selectedFeatures() works too slow in QGIS 3 Python console

Geo_Nik v.nikulishyn at gmail.com
Thu Oct 24 01:03:21 PDT 2019

Hi, I loaded spatial table(about 100 millions rows) from PostgreSQL(PostGIS)
in QGIS3 and use method *selectedFeatures()* in *QGIS 3* *Python console*.
For such big tables it work very slow (it takes up to 10 minutes).
I tried to use * getSelectedFeatures()* which works more faster but returns
only iterator (not a copy of selected features as previous method). Further
work with iterator take too much time too(it takes up to 10 minutes).
In QGIS 2 these methods work much more faster(several seconds).

How can I solve this problem? I want to get copy of selected data for
several seconds.
Is this a bug or I am doing some wrong?

POSTGIS="2.5.1 r17027"
PostgreSQL 11.1 (Ubuntu 11.1-1.pgdg18.04+1)
QGIS version:3.8.3-Zanzibar
OS: Windows Server 2019
Python version: Python 3.7.0

Thanks & Regards